IF you think of your positioning as the (transparent) articulation and presentation of…
• Who you are (… a likable and trustworthy, leader, expert, thought leader, or authority);
• What you offer (and why it’s unique to you);
• How this connects (with what people want); and
• Your special sauce (because nobody does your thing, like you)
AND then IMAGINE it like this…
1. “You’re standing in the river.”
If you want to catch more fish, you’ll be more successful if you’re standing in the river with a net than if you’re standing on the shore and yelling, “Hey, fish, come over here… I have what you want!”
Said another way, it’s almost impossible to influence people to click, follow, read, buy, and/or invest in what you offer… if you position yourself in and around something that nobody wants and they’re not looking for (even if you know they need it).
2. “You’re standing in the river, away from the crowd.”
While you want to be where the fish are, you don’t want to stand in the part of the river where everyone else is fishing (because it’s too crowded).
Said another way, the goal of your positioning is to express who you are — through your business — in a unique way, so you can stand out in the marketplace or in your niche. Then, people will be attracted to you, because they need what you offer and they realize you’re the right person (or company) to serve them.
THEN, here’s what will happen next…
You’ll be positioned as the person who:
1. has the answer or solution that your clients, customers, colleagues or audience are looking for; AND/OR
2. the message, product, or service that will help them discover the answers and solutions for themselves.
You’ll be seen as an expert, authority, or thought leader in your market, field, or industry.
• • •
Q1: Do you know how to be seen as an expert, authority, or thought leader in your market, field, or industry?
Q2: Do you know how you can position yourself FAST so you receive 2X-5X-10X more for your expertise?
ANSWER: Write your book (in just 5 weeks). Find out more here.
• • •